- The "PS3 Slim" is in the works which will be unveiled in 2010 and be availble for purchase during the holiday season of 2010
- Sony will drop the price of the 40gb to $299 this holiday season.
- The 80gb is officially discontinued
- A new sku with a bigger hard drive (and backwards compatibility) packaged with the Dualshock 3 will be available for $399 this holiday season
- Insomniac is currently developing (has been to be more precise) there next Ratchet & Clank game for the PS3 which will be released in 2009. The game will pick up where the first one left off. I don't have any specifics on the game *yet* just the basics.
- LittleBigPlanet developed by Media Molecule is currently slated for a 2008 release. An exact date hasn't officially been given, however according to word going around the office there, we won't see the game until October the earliest (Retailers currently have the game listed for September)
- Haze which is now set at a May release will be....delayed....once again, I know I know shocking news isn't it? Specifics weren't given on a new release date, but don't expect to be injecting yourself and overdosing Mantel soldiers with nectar in May
- In response to "Skater Boy's" post about Kingdom Hearts 3 being exclusive to the Wii, that's not 100% correct. The Wii will get an exclusive Kingdom Hearts game, however, it's not the necessarily "KH 3" that the PS3 will be getting (Think of it as a "spin off", similar to what the PSP & NDS are getting) Now with that aside and clarified, the next big question is, going to be "Will the next Kingdom Hearts game be a PS3 exclusive?" well at this point it is exclusive to the PS3. However if for some reason Final Fantasy sales flop on the PS3, and Infinite Undiscovery (SE's 360 exclusive) does great in sales then expect the next KH to appear on the 360 as well. So just like Zone of the Enders, the exclusivity will depend on the sales of a previous title released on the PS3 (In ZoE case - MGS 4)
Aaaaand that's it for now, I have a meeting I must attend to now sooo bon voyage!